Why is it that us women are always criticizing our own bodies? We are generally quick to compliment our workout partner and tell your friend “she is crazy” when she starts to talk about how flabby her abs are. However, when it comes to our own bodies, we dissect and analyze. I am talking about deep levels of analyzing, down to the cellulite dimple on the left hamstring that is barely visible. Although I could go on and on about how we need to learn to love our bodies a little more, instead, I am going the whole other direction. You see, one area of my body that I “analyze” is my upper hamstring and glute area! Being that I am not too fond of this area, I am incorporating this super quick exercise routine every morning. If you think your glutes could use a little lift, try this out with me.
- Squeeze glutes off the ground. Then tap the glutes back to the floor and immediately lift again. Do 25.
- Keep your hips lifted and walk your feet and knees together till they are touching and do 25 more glute lifts.
- Keep hips lifted and open knees about 3 inches and close, 25 times.
- Keep hips lifted and make feet in to a “V” shape by having heels touch and toes are apart. Lift glutes up and down 25 times.
- Go back to #1 and start each step over but this time do with heels lifted off the floor the entire time!
Now say something nice for once to those good looking glutes!